Are you using social to generation leads? Do you do more than post quotes or links on social and hope people will call or email? Today, I’m going to show you how to fine tune your social activities to generate leads from social.
I’ll let you in on 6 advanced social media lead generation techniques. Yes a few you have heard, of but there are new approaches, too.
I’ll give you a quick summary of her 6 categories of techniques. I’ll share how and where to use them. For more information and examples, I refer you to the link above.
But first, let’s start with my fav quote from the post.
“In a poll, 63% of online marketers admitted that social media lead generation was their most difficult challenge. However, 70% of those same marketers stated that converting these leads into customers was their highest priority.”
Short Summary of 6 Techniques
Here’s a quick summary of the 6 advanced social media lead generation techniques
1. Social Platform Ads – These include social networks, micro-blogging platforms, photo-sharing sites and video-sharing platforms. These are well suited for lead gen because you can craft your messages to platform users with specific characteristics to match current or desired customers.
2. Facebook Ads – After building awareness on Facebook, you can re-market to target users using action-focused ads to encourage signups for specific information, mobile app installs, visits to your eCommerce store or newsletter subscriptions.
3 Contests and Winners – Running contests and announcing winners gives positive attention to your brand. Contests are good to increase online engagement and build email lists.
4. Share Gated Content – With gated content, users must fill out forms to get something valuable for “free.” Emails and phone numbers are then used to nurture leads to encourage a sale.
5. Host Webinars or Twitter Chats – Plan chats or webinars on popular topics that will appeal strongly to your target audience, and run them on Facebook live, SnapChat live or Instagram live. These are ways to interact individually with prospects and build bonds.
6. Leverage Cold Outreach – LinkedIn outreach with targeted emails to B2B prospects is a good opportunity to use cold outreach. Emails should be relevant to prospects, short, and include calls to action. Learn about a process to find cold prospects and nurture them in a related video on LinkedIn Riches.
Ideally you have an email list of customers and another one for prospects. Run Facebook ads to customers, perhaps offering a discount for referrals. Also, run an ad to prospects to encourage a free trial, ebook download or whatever is the next step on a customer journey.
Here’s my take.
For b2c companies, social ads are easier than putting together webinars or creating valuable content to gate with an email form.
For b2b companies, I suggest uploading an email list to LinkedIn and promoting relevant posts to target prospects. Also test cold outreach.
Related Posts on Social Media Lead Generation
Want more social media lead gen tips? On my YouTube channels about Social Media Leads, I publish a new video every Tuesday.